UPSC Engineering Service Exam 2019
UPSC ESE 2019: Approximately 581 posts in various departments — civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and telecommunication engineering categories would be filled through the UPSC examination.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has begun its online application process from 26 September 2018 onwards for Engineering Services Exam 2019. Candidates who have engineering degree can apply for 581 administrative posts from the official site of UPSC.
As per the notification, the last date of application is on 22 October 2018 and the first stage of written examination or the preliminary examination will be conducted on 06 January 2019 across the country via online mode.
The number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is expected to be approximately 581 including 34 vacancies for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) (23 vacancies for Locomotor Disability including Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack victims and Muscular Dystrophy & 11 vacancies for Hard of Hearing). The selection procedure will consist of three stages- preliminary examination, main examination and personality test.
Recruitment on the results of this examination will be made to the Services under the following categories:‐
- Category I‐Civil Engineering
- Category II‐Mechanical Engineering
- Category III‐Electrical Engineering
- Category IV‐Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
|Exam||Last Date||Exam Date||Duration|
|ESE 2019 Prelims||22 Oct. 2018||06 Jan. 2019 (SUNDAY)||1 DAY|
|ESE 2019 Mains||–||30 June 2019 (SUNDAY)||1 DAY|
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Services Examination (ESE 2019)
- A candidate must be either:
- (a) A citizen of India or (b) A subject of Nepal or A subject of Bhutan or (c) A Tibetan refugee who came over to Indian before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (d) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Minimum Educational Qualification for Engineering Services Examination 2019
- Obtained a degree in Engineering from a university or
- Passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India) or
- Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) or
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959
- Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts and Engineer Group ‘A’ in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organization) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely: M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.
Age Limit Criteria
As of 1st January 2019
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January 1989 and not later than 1st January 1998
- Relaxable up to 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Posts mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.
- Maximum age limit relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government servants of the various categories.
Application Fee for Engineering Services Examination (ESE) 2019
- All the Female/SC/ST/ PH candidates are exempted from payment of a fee.
- Other candidates are required to pay a fee of ₹ 200/‐